It’s time for another recipe! First, the recipe. Then, me blathering onward about my occasionally questionable culinary capabilities and the memories this particular feast holds for me.
- The Ingredients
- 1/2 pound dried apricots
- White and brown sugars
- White bread
- The Way of Preparing
- Soak half a pound of dried apricots all night in just enough cold water to cover them.
- Next morning add some sugar, and stew until tender.
- Well butter a pudding bowl, and scatter brown sugar on bottom.
- Line it thoroughly with bread buttered, and pour apricots in when ready.
- Press plate on top, and put into oven for half an hour, when it will turn out nice and brown.
- Serve with a sweet sauce and it will be delightful.
- Recipe directly sourced from: https://www.lavenderandlovage.com
So, I’ve made this once and it was served with vanilla ice cream and a caramel sauce. I added two shots of amaretto to the cold water soak and regret nothing.