It’s time for another recipe! First, the recipe, sourced from DamnDelicious.net; I haven’t topped their recipe, to be honest. Then, me blathering onward about my occasionally questionable culinary capabilities and the memories this particular feast holds for me.
- The Ingredients
- 4 fresh zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- The Way of Preparing
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Coat a metal cooling rack with nonstick spray and place on a baking tray. (This is your roasting setup.)
- In a small bowl, combine everything but the zucchini.
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini and olive oil and toss well to coat.
- Place the zucchini on your prepared roasting setup.
- Sprinkle that delicious seasoned cheese mixture over top of the sliced zucchini.
- Bake your seasoned zucchini until fork tender, anywhere from 13-20 minutes depending on the size of your quartered veggies.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
- After typing up this recipe, zucchini no longer seems like a real word.
- The seasoning mix also works well on spaghetti squash.
This is an approximation, as Connie, my first roommate, never actually gave me the recipe. I think she added some other things to it, like extra rosemary? But I’m not entirely sure.
These zucchini sticks were usually served with chicken and devoured heartily.