I nearly skipped today with everything going o , but it’s nearly at the end of the month. I thought I should keep going. What better time than one I’ve been avoiding all month?
Quick recap: for me, May of 2020 is all about self-love. I’m really capable of getting down on myself, so I’m trying to be kinder and embrace a more self-focused positive attitude. Each day, I’ll be working from one of the prompts from Tia Harding’s 32 Self-Love Journal Prompts or from The Petite Planner’s 30 Days of Self-Love.
Here’s today’s prompt: “Where can you set boundaries in your life?“
Boundaries I can set with myself seems to be the best way to answer this. I’ve already implemented some:
- Taking my medication, as prescribed, on a set schedule every day.
- Do laundry every Monday and Tuesday, since those are my assigned days.
- Try to put away my laundry by Thursday (limited success with this one, I’ll admit).
- Blogging at least once a day (success for over five hundred days now!)
- Sticking to the shopping list when I have to venture out.
- Reading at least three days a week.
I’ve set some emotional boundaries as well.
- I limit the contact I have with family members that upset me.
- I no longer go chasing after people that don’t want me in their lives.
- I make clear when I don’t have the mental or emotional capacity for other people’s issues.
- I have clearly defined topics that I flat out will not discuss because they upset me.
But there are spots that I could use some more help in.
- I haven’t meditated in months.
- I haven’t done yoga or my stretches regularly.
- I need to take more responsibility in building up my own happiness beyond the chemical malfunctions I deal with.
There are, I’m sure, a hundred little things I could do to assert my personal boundaries more, but I can’t think of them for the life of me.
So, that’s all for now! Have a good day, folks.