It’s time for another recipe! First, the recipe. Then, me blathering onward about my occasionally questionable culinary capabilities and the memories this particular feast holds for me.
- The Ingredients
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 cups (32 ounces) broccoli floret
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- The Way of Preparing
- Heat about 4 tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat until it shimmers.
- Cook the chicken with the garlic salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic, broccoli and cook until the broccoli is warmed through.
- Add the milk, cream, Parmesan cheese, and bacon.
- Bring the mix to a boil; cook until thickened.
- How to make better: add a quarter cup of ricotta cheese rather than a quarter of the milk.
- add 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- add 1/2 a teaspoon oregano
- MORE GARLIC
- Use already cooked bacon for a quick time-cutter.
- Add some cooked angel hair pasta if you’re into a good pan sauce!
Okay, so Stephanie makes a fantastic version of this. Mine is okay, but not as good as hers.
No, I don’t get to share what makes it so good. Mostly because I have no clue.
Make this! Share pictures! Tag me!