Happy Wednesday, witches! I’m still plugging along at this list.
I’ll be doing four prompts a week, on Wednesdays, tagged #WitchyWednesday on Twitter. These prompts are sourced from a Tumblr post by user Baduhennasraven. I’m happy to clarify anything and respond to any questions or comments. Feel free to contact me as well!
Here’s this week’s prompts:
- What symbols correspond with me; runes, animals, flowers, gemstones, etc?
- What are my favorite witchy items/tools; divination tool, ritual tool, décor, clothing, etc?
- How do I see the divine?
- What kind of deities, if any, do I want to honor?
What symbols correspond with me; runes, animals, flowers, gemstones, etc?
This one’s a little tricky. It might be easier just to make a list?
- Animals: cats and owls, primarily.
- Bugs: the blue morpho butterfly for transformation and resilience; the dragonfly for change.
- Colors: olive green, a rich red-based purple, and a warm charcoal black.
- Element: I think I jive most with Water or Air. I’ve got a black thumb, unfortunately.
- Flowers: ranunculus just as a personal identifier and meaning neatness (which I’m working on), charm, and humility; the peony, meaning nobility and value which is something I try to strive for.Runes: Uruz and Kenaz (check out the meanings here.)
- Gemstones: amethyst, which was also my Daddy’s favorite stone, moonstone, which I have on my pentacle and collect, and tiger’s eye, mostly for luck.
- Magical Clothing: I don’t really have any dedicated magical clothing.
- Magical Jewelry: I have worn the same pentacle since 2003, it’s center is a moonstone.
- Magical/Ritual Tool: Candles and tartot cards, definitely.
- Tree: the Oak Tree, which is also my Celtic Astrology Tree
If you can think of any others I should add, let me know!
What are my favorite witchy items/tools; divination tool, ritual tool, décor, clothing, etc?
My favorite divination tool I’ve mentioned several times before: Tarot Cards, specifically my Osho Zen deck. But I like my other decks as well and have a habit of collection them.
I don’t have an altar set up right now, but my favorite ritual tool is probably my athame or my mortar and pestle.
As for clothing, I have a crushed purple velvet coat that kind of counts, I guess, but I rarely wear it and have yet to wear it for a formal ritual.
How do I see the divine?
I personally see the divine as a triad: the youth or child, the parent or hunter, and the sage or crone. Usually in a binary, but like people, there are gods that fall outside the gender binary and social constructs built upon it.
I see the divine as an all-encompassing entity of multiple facets. Omnism, which I think I mentioned before, is basically the respect for all religions regardless of creed. That is how I see the divine: people each celebrate their own deities, whatever the name they give it and we should respect that.
What kind of deities, if any, do I want to honor?
I want to honor the All and many of its different faces: the Lord and Lady, the Triple Deities, etc. I don’t have a set pantheon right now. My answer could change as I grow in the Craft.