Hello there, guys, gals, and non-binary pals! Here’s this month’s Retro Recipe is Pineapple Bavarian Cream!
- The Ingredients
- 20 ounce can of crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- 1 package Orange flavored gelatin
- 1/8th teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
- The Way of Preparing
- In a small saucepan, bring the crushed pineapple and sugar to a low boil.
- Remove from heat, add the package of gelatin and the salt and stir until thoroughly incorporated. Chill for at least half an hour or until it starts to set up.
- Whip the cream with a hand mixer and fold in the pineapple mixture.
This recipe is a genuine antique! It even has one removing the pan from the fire rather than the stove top. I’ve no idea it’s true age, but it is tried and true and absolutely delicious!