So, J actually introduced me to this one. It’s originally from a Tumblr post by user Baduhennasraven. There’s fifty-two prompts in all about personal beliefs and practices of magic. Some are simple, some are not-so-simple.
I’m going to try and answer as completely and honestly as possible, and highly encourage you to do so as well!
Thinking here: I focus on one a week, that’s a year’s worth of posts I could do. But… that’s a lot of posts for #WitchyWednesday. And some prompts are short and sweet. I think I’ll focus on four prompts a post. That gives me thirteen weeks of posts and thirteen is a great number. It was my jersey number when I played point guard back in middle school basketball!
The reason I’m doing this is that I want to delve a little deeper into the technical specs of my faith. Why? Well, this being that this year marks the twenty-first year, on the summer solstice, since I self-identified as a witch is why. Yuppers: been learning and practicing since 1999! My faith is old enough to drink! Ha!
Anyway! Let’s get into the meat of things. Here’s the list that the original prompt covers:
- What draws me to witchcraft?
- How do I see the divine?
- What in witchcraft makes me happy?
- Do I want to follow a path that has to do with a little nature, or a lot of nature?
- What areas of witchcraft would I like to learn more about?
- Where do my witchy talents lie?
- What kind of deities, if any, do I want to honor?
- How do I believe magic works?
- Simple or elaborate spells/rituals? Why?
- What are my views on cursing/hexing?
- Do I want to practice something similar to my ancestors?
- What are the basic morals and ethics I feel I should live by?
- What in nature am I drawn to; the ocean, animals, the trees, etc?
- Which (witchy) holidays, if any, would I like to celebrate and how?
- How do I believe divination works?
- Would I like to work with a group some of the time, all of the time or not at all?
- Which aspects of witchcraft appeal to me most, which the least?
- What do I believe happens to us when we die?
- How do I see mythological creatures?
- When do I feel most magical?
- How much is witchcraft woven into my daily life; is this too much, too little or just enough?
- What kind of witch do I feel I am?
- Which texts/quotes best describe my current path?
- Do I like research and gathering info, or do I like things handed to me?
- Which things about witchcraft worry or scare me?
- What is my favorite element?
- How do I see gender (roles) in witchcraft?
- Am I interested more in magic, or spirituality?
- Do I like to be told how to do things, or would I rather figure it out on my own?
- What rules, if any, do I live by when it comes to witchcraft and magic?
- What do I gain from witchcraft and magic?
- Formal or informal rituals/spells? Why?
- What subject do I love to study?
- What is my favorite type of magic; candle, sympathetic, sigils, etc?
- What would my perfect witchy day be like?
- Would I want to be dedicated/initiated?
- Who do I honor (ex: deities, ancestors, myself, etc), and how do I, or would I like to, honor them?
- How do I create a sacred/witchy space?
- What do I believe is needed for a successful spell/ritual?
- Which cultures do I draw from in my witchcraft?
- What is my learning style; books, websites, videos, more hands-on?
- What, if anything, in my mundane life influences my witchcraft?
- What are my hobbies, how do I (or can I) incorporate them in my witchcraft?
- Where do my non-witchy talents lie, how do I (or can I) incorporate them in my witchcraft?
- What would my dream witchy life look like? What steps can I take to work towards it?
- What would my dream sacred space/witchy home look like? What steps can I take to work towards it?
- What symbols correspond with me; runes, animals, flowers, gemstones, etc?
- Am I an open and proud witch, or do I (need to) hide my craft?
- What are my favorite witchy items/tools; divination tool, ritual tool, décor, clothing, etc?
- What is holding me back in my craft?
- What is my pre-spell/ritual routine?
- What are my ultimate witchy goals and how can I work towards them?
I’ll be doing four prompts a week in my own little order, on Wednesdays, tagged #WitchyWednesday on Twitter. I’m happy to clarify anything and respond to any questions or comments. Feel free to contact me!
Blessed Be and take your meds, folks!