12,638 Days Alive
2 Goals Met!
I have 20 goals for 2020. I’ve already been able to scratch off two and 1/3 of them!
Here’s what I’ve managed in the first few weeks of 2020: I’ve seen a movie, Knives Out, this past weekend with Linna. Gotten a postcard! Thank you Aunt and Uncle Gator! Gone to see a live show, Aladdin with Tink in the beginning of January.
Here’s the rundown of what’s left:
- Read all 111 ebooks I have planned
- Lose sixty pounds over the course of the year (around five pounds a month)
- Finish DW’s blanket before his birthday in August
- Get and keep $500 in my savings account
- Go to the new Chihuly museum
- Go to the Dali Museum
threetwo movies in theaters
- Paint another pottery piece
- Finish Papa’s blanket
- Make Pop’s blanket/throw
- Take Steph on an adventure
- Travel somewhere and get a postcard for myself
Get a postcard from someone
- Sent at least six letters
- Finish the analog book challenge
- Participate in Camp NaNoWriMo
- Participate in regular NaNoWriMo
- Get a working draft of a novel done
- Go to a museum I haven’t been to before
Go see a live show (Aladdin, in January with Tink!)
So! Two down, seventeen and two-thirds to go!
In other news, I have my 60 day review tomorrow and I’m mildly anxious about it because I’m worried I’m not doing a good enough job or something. I seem to be doing okay, but now I’ll be taking on new tasks and expanding my knowledge base so I’m always fearful of making terrible mistakes. But, mistakes are how we learn, I know. I just don’t want to make them at work.
Writing-wise, I’ve picked Moral Fable back up and I’m trying to hammer out a plot line for the modern kids. I know how their mom’s story goes, and how the land is built, but I don’t know how they get from beginning to end yet. And half the damn characters don’t have names!
I still need to finish Midnight Calls as well. 2020 is about naps and laughter, and unexpected change thus far, what with my getting a divorce from my Darling Wife. But I want it to be a positive change as well.
I should go to bed. I’m exhausted.
Take your meds, folks!